Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Michelle's Cake

My daughter's 22nd birthday was July 19th and she wanted a Reese's cake. I was a little worried about doing the peanut butter cake part since the recipes I had gotten off the Internet so far hadn't been all that good but I found a promising peanut butter cake and we went with it. It did come out a little dark and I had to trim all the edges and made sure to give it a good dousing of sugar water when I put the cake together.
Since I really couldn't decorate the chocolate frosting much, I decided to use my little flower LED lights. I had one string of flowers and one of butterflies but the flowers were more colorful so I went with those.
I also tried the fancy flower candle. It is a firework, that lights other candles on the flower petals and is supposed to spin. It never did spin but the firework shot way up and was scary enough. It did light the candles though.
I have no complaints about the cake on this one, it was wonderful. My worst problem was getting the sprinkles to stay on...


No comments:

Post a Comment