Wednesday, August 5, 2015

A Birthday Cake for Maddie

I agreed to dry and do a Frozen-like doll cake for my niece Maddie's 4th birthday. I was so nervous about it. I already had a doll and had watched the videos. I did have a moment of panic when I found I didn't have any snowflake cutters like I thought, but I ordered them and had them sent with 2 day shipping. I made a blue raspberry boxed cake for this with some substitutions (butter for oil, milk for water). It was also frosted with blue raspberry buttercream frosting (another little packet of flavoring). It was 4 layers.


I had never really worked with fondant before and didn't really realize how much it stretches and can break. A few nicely placed snowflakes took care of it. I didn't like the seam in the back so I put snowflakes all down the seam. If I had had any little bow molds it would have been better (I have them now) but it still looked much better with the snowflakes.
I was so incredibly pleased with this cake and so was Maddie.



No comments:

Post a Comment